Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Friday, December 7, 2012

Redneck Yard of the Month


I have been reminded a lot lately that I have a pretty great group of friends. You may think that your friends are the best friends a gal could ask for, but you haven’t met my group. I mean, really….. my friends are the most concerned, loving, and selfless people that I know. They are so concerned about me that some of them take time out of their busy, busy schedules to recognize me for exciting accomplishments. Earning the title of, “Redneck Yard of the Month” has been one of my most prideful moments thus far.
Suzy walked under the beer can fence and clotheslined herself.
She also stuck her fingers in the mouth hole of one of the cans. I would have had a fine time expaining to the doctor how she choked herself while cutting her fingers off, wouldn't I?
I came home from school one day to see that my yard had received special treatment from Jill Lamar and Larry Coleman. They went above and beyond to make sure that my yard was the most redneck looking lawn in the county. We had everything you can image to rank my yard on the top of the list: beer can garland, dead trees, empty gas cans, old tires, 5 gallon buckets of trash, brooms, coolers, deer horns, a dead tree decorated with empty beer cans and tacky garland, and a toilet. Yes, they put a toilet in my yard. They used the toilet as a flower pot and planted a dead tree in the bowl part. I don’t know how on Earth I could have NOT won the title.





No, but really, Jill and Lamar really got me. I helped Larry paint all the signs for Jill’s yard and we had planned everything that they did to me……. for Jill.  Unfortunately her grandfather became very ill so we put the lovely prank on hold for a couple weeks. In the meantime, Larry decided that he would tell her about our plans and that they would execute the greatness in my yard. I just cannot believe that I made the crap that went in my own yard. That is the “best” part of it all. As I was walking around picking up the mess out of my yard Suzy was having a ball. She loved it all.


The madness made my day. I loved it. It was a pain to clean up, but was so worth all the smiling and head shaking I did that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment