Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse @ Mimi's House

Yes, yes, yes....  I am right at 2 months late posting about Suzy's "for real" birthday party that we had at Mimi and Papaw's house. Of course, I did a little too much "pinning" and probably went a little too overboard, but I AM IN LOVE WITH PLANNING BIRTHDAY PARTIES! I promise, if I could get paid to do them I would be allllll over it. I think that it is soooo much fun!

We sent out invites to Suzy's closest friends and family. We had a huge crowd come to Mimi's and she was thrilled about all her visitors! But, before the big day could begin I had a lot of preparing to do! I kind of slacked this year. Last year, I had it all together and knew exactly what I wanted to do weeks in advance. The only thing I took care of in advance this year was her outfit. Of course, our SheShe did her outfit! She owns a Facebook store called, "That's Sew SheShe". Look her up, you won't be disappointed. I did remember to order her smash cake a week or so in advance, too. Sara Embry did it for us, and she too never disappoints! Her cake was delish! Other than the cake and the outfit, I waited until the last minute to start preparing for the big event.

Friday after school, I ran to Wal Mart to stock up on all the essentials that we would need. I reverted back to my faithful pins to give me some inspiration. I ended up with a ton of stuff (too much, actually), loaded it up, and headed home to start the madness. By Sunday morning I had gotten everything prepared and ready to go to Mimi's house. I dropped off the goodies at Mimi's, rushed home to shower, then went back to set everything up before the guests arrived.

KK made sugar cookies using a bone cookie cutter. They were "Goofy's dog biscuits". I bought dog food bowls and bandannas at The Dollar Tree to put the cookies in. I had the flower pots left from last year's party, so all I did was add a foam hand (I traced it on those 88 cent sheets of foam from the craft section at WM) and a felt star (also only like a buck). For the hand, star and Suzy's picture I used tape and kabob skewers! 

Of course, we had to have "hot dogs, hot dogs, hot diggity dogs"! There's sausage balls and fruit too! 


Paper lantern things came from Wal Mart's New Year's Eve clearance section! 


I made the banner with colored computer paper, twine, and black and white scrapbook paper. 

The cupcake stands are from our wedding. We still use them a lot. The smash cake was on a cake plate from last year's party, and the Minnie hands and tutu were from Suzy's Halloween costume! 


Dana Tiner gave me the bright idea of ordering plain cupcakes from Wal Mart and decorating them myself! Duh!!! GENIUS! I got chocolate cupcakes with white icing from the bakery then KK, Lauren, and I added regular size Oreos for the face and mini Oreos for the ears. 

For the Minnie cupcakes we added two Wilton hearts butted together at the points to make the bows! The lady at the candy store in Southaven gave me that bright idea! 

The whole cake table set up! 
I had the bright idea to turn our standard pizza dip into Mickey dip while standing in front of the hot dogs and pepperonis in Wal Mart that Friday! The face is the regular sized pepperoni and the ears are the mini size! Perfection! There was NONE left! 
We got everything set up right before all of Suzy's guests arrived. Talk about perfect timing. One Suzy's favorite guests was her Aunt Lolo!


I was so proud of Memaw for dressing to match the theme! I thought we needed a group photo, Suzy didn't.

Next year, I need to put "no presents allowed" on her invitations. The girl is far too spoiled! She loved each and every thing she got from all her friends and family members! I appreciate all the kindness and love shown to her that day! Suzy didn't even wait on everyone to arrive before she started opening her gifts. She was just far too excited over all the "prizes"! 

Suzy and her gorgeous Laurie!

Suzy was pumped about the book that Abby gave her! 

We all get very still and focused when we get to these boxes! This is a piece of Peter's Pottery. I am not sure if it is the piece that Teresa gave her (a darling elephant), or if it is the cheese ball platter that Suzy broke before she opened it... Yep, she broke it before we even got it opened. Thankfully, The Candle Shoppe and Peter are making a replacement plate for the piece that Laurie got Suzy. Every holiday Laurie buys Suzy a piece of Peter's. Sometimes it is an animal, and sometimes it is a piece for a place setting! This birthday she blew us all away with a cheese ball platter. Suzy got her very first piece from my good friend, Betsy Hartley. It was a wee little bunny, now... she has more Peter's than I do thanks to Laurie! 
 I was so excited to see this sweet little bundle of joy at the party! That wee little babe is Joseph. He belongs to my best friend from childhood, Mandy (Amanda Morgan Elizondo). Her and her mom, Spammy, showed up with Joseph for the party! I was sooooo excited to see them, but I was even more excited to meet sweet babe Joseph! He was a doll! Memaw was in heaven!

I made sure that I told Scott not to get too comfortable with him (at least 100 times).
After the food had been eaten and the presents had been opened, it was time for cake!!!
This is Suzy's Mammie and Pappy (Richard and LaJuan Tallo). We are so in love with them. They are amazing to us! Pappy always makes sure that Suzy is "in" the most adorable duds! It is so cute to me that he buys Suzy clothes and books without Mammie's help at all. Suzy adores them! Every Friday morning when we leave for school she starts yelling, "Pappy's home! Pappy's truck! Mammie and Pappy house!" I am so, so, so thankful for the Tallos. They make my family complete! 


Suzy's Mama at Tattle Tales is the chick in the pink, Abby Lane. Abby takes Suzy from me in the morning and comforts her as I leave. Allyx is the doll in purple. She is David and Kelli Craft's little girl. She is absolutely precious and is always so sweet and patient with Sue Baby! We love those girls so much! 

These two... Oh, these two.... That's Dylan in the dress.... Then, there is Veazy.... These two both have the Williams last name! That says enough, doesn't it?! No, really, I am only kidding. I love those babies too! I cannot believe they are already so grown! I remember them just being born! Ugh, I wish we saw them more! They are sooo much fun! Veazy still calls Suzy, "Suzy Baby"... He is the reason we call her Sue Baby to this day! 


This is one of Suzy's best friends from Tattle Tales. Her name is Avery. She belongs to Zabe and Kristina Davis. She is an absolute sweetie. Suzy's other BFF was sick, so she didn't get to come. We missed little Tinsley so much! 

Hugs!!! 
Suzy's 2nd birthday was a huge success! Everyone left full, sugared up, and tired! I was BEAT! I had a ball, and wouldn't trade a minute of the madness for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment