Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Friday, August 26, 2011

How We Became "The Smith's"

I figured since I have started this blog in order to "keep track of our lives" I should create a post of how Scott and I met.  I thought that maybe I should get back to the beginning!
I guess you could say that I initiated the romance (as bad as I hate to admit it). As most of you know I lived in Starkville and attended Mississippi State University (Go Dawgs!!) for several years where I got my degree in special education. While there I met some great people and had an amazing time. But, there was just "something" or "someone" missing in my life.... Little did I know that the phone calls I was about to make would fill the void in the "someone missing" part of my life.
One afternoon on my way home (Senatobia, MS) I called a friend, Kent Spencer, to see what was going on that weekend. In the conversation Kent mentioned to me that Scott Smith was living in Starkville now. He explained that Scott had just gotten a great job with Jayton Construction and that he would be in Starkville for several weeks/months. Well, this news got my attention for some strange reason. Kent gave me his number and I proceeded to called to Scott. Unfortunately, I had to leave a voicemail that said something along the lines of "Hey Scott, this is Amy Geeslin (we knew each other from living in a small town, but we didn't know each THAT well. I figured he wouldn't know who just "Amy" was)... I heard you were living in Starkville now. If you ever want to go out or have dinner or something just give me a call". I hung up the phone and didnt really think much else of the message. The Sunday of my weekend at home JoAnne, mom, and I were in Target and my cell rang.. Low and behold it was Scott.  I got all blush and gooby and whispered to my company who was on the other end of the line. We agreed that we would meet soon and have dinner. Now let me remind you, I had never thought of this guy as anything at all... much less as someone I would date or have a relationship with. I hadn't heard from Scott besides a few texts here and there about nonsense things.
On Thursday nights it was a given that me and the girls would be having a "girls night" somewhere Downtown or in the Cotton District. This particular night we had decided on going to Mugshots (downtown). We were enjoying our night when I heard my cell phone ding... text message... It was Scott. He asked where we were and what we were doing. I proceeded to tell him we were at Mugshots sitting on the balcony, having a few drinks,enjoying the night. He simply responded with "ok". The next thing I know a waitress brought out a round of drinks "from the gentleman at the bar".... Well, I bet you can't guess who one of the gentleman was? Of course, it was Scott and a friend he worked with. We hung out that night and the rest is history!
We have shared some great times and experiences so far! I cannot wait to add a baby to the mix :)


Scott and I at Windy City, Como.


Bin 612, Starkville
I am not sure why it is so hard to get Scott excited about taking photos...

Brian and Sally William's wedding!

New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment