Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Runny Babbit"

A lot has been going on at the Smith Residence lately! First of all.... THE BABY BED IS HERE!!! After all the madness we finally got a call from Babies R Us informing us that the baby bed was at their store waiting on us to pick it up. Ahhhhhh, what a sigh of relief. Scott stopped by there on his way home from Nashville and picked it up for me. Of course, I was too antsy to wait for it to be put together at a later date so him and Papa Ricky put it together that night. I absolutely love it. It is exactly what I was hoping for. Now, I can quit stressing about it!
The finished product!!
I stopped by mom's house one afternoon while she was going through closets. Of course, I had to scope out my old closet to make sure all my belongings were still "in tact". When I started snooping around through all my stuff that is still there I came across my old bunny rabbit that I used to carry everywhere with me. I can remember taking that bunny to church camps and sleepovers well into my early teens. I was a bit obsessed. She doesn't have any eyes left and her belly is hollow from where I carried her, but she will be perfect for Suzy's nursery! So glad mom kept it for me!

My sweet "runny babbit"!
Last weekend mom, memaw, and I went to Babies R Us so I could finish registering. I went in the store knowing exactly what I wanted (stroller, car seat, pack and play, etc) just to find out that it was being discontinued. Just my luck, eh? So, the quick trip I had planned turned into a bit longer than expected. But, I am happy to say that we are registered at the two big places! I am so happy that is behind me. I had no idea how expensive baby "stuff" was. I knew formula and diapers were the pits, but I didn't know that baby accessories were so high! I guess I am just learning as I go. The coolest thing that I found while at the store was this contraption called a "Nap Nanny". I MUST have one of these gadgets. Look it up, they seem amazing!

A friend of mine that I went to high school with, Lynn Nickels Savage, has been working on my stationary for Suzy. I gave her my fabric samples and she went to work creating the coolest cards ever for her. I am in love with them and cannot wait to get them!! Check out her blog if you ever need anything like this done. She even does party/shower invitations!!!! lnsavage.blogspot.com

This is the folded notecard that she designed!





This is the flat notecard that she designed.

How being 23 weeks pregnant is treating me:

1. It is definitely time to put all the non-maternity clothes in tupperware not to be seen again until late January or early February. I have even outgrown a lot of the maternity hand me downs that friends have sent me. I know that getting bigger is all part of being pregnant, I was just unaware of how quickly it happened.
2. Heartburn has consumed me more than ever and I don't see it slacking up. My new best friend is Tums. I could drink a glass of water and have heartburn.
3. My once restful nights are no longer restful... up and down.... up and down... up and down... and the madness continues all night.
4. The coolest part of my day is when I can feel her moving around in my belly. It is such an amazing thing to feel. I wish that I knew when she was going to do it so I could be "on guard" to feel it through my belly by hand. I've only caught it by touch a couple times and it is awesome. I cannot wait for Scott to feel it.
5. I no longer buy anything for myself. I told Lauren the other night that it was amazing how much money I have saved by not shopping for myself every weekend. I am buying stuff for Suzy every chance I get, but am some how coming out better in the long run than I did pre-pregnancy! Crazy how things work out.
6. Giving the pups a bath in the tub is quite challenging. My belly doesn't really allow the reach that I used to have, so my pups are filthy little critters.
23 Weeks and 4 days pregnant.

Our next doctor's appointment is October 11. They will do my glucose testing so it won't be nearly as exciting as the last appointment. For the next week I will be counting down the days until Fall Break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment