Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Holidays

 It is hard to believe that Christmas has already passed. The holidays came and went so quickly this year. Our family decided that we were not going to do Christmas like we have done in the past. With my parents and grandparents buying a lake house and Scott and I preparing for a baby we thought we would all save our money and use it for "lake stuff" and "baby stuff". We were not supposed to buy presents at all, but that idea didn't last long. My grandmother told me one night on the phone that "Christmas just didn't feel right without presents" she even told me that she missed shopping and waiting in line. So, the no presents thing turned into a few small gifts just to make her and my dad happy (he is all about presents too even though he doesn't want to admit it). In years passed our family has gone all out on Christmas and bought entirely too much for everyone. This year we did a few gifts for each person and it was quite nice. Casey and Melissa made the family mugs and wine glasses by etching our initials into the glasses. They are too cool. Mom and dad got me a new Chi straightener (that is all I even asked for), money, pajamas, etc. Scott's parents went along with the idea of not doing much either, but gave us some great things. We got a new piece of pottery and some knick knacks for around the house. All in all... Christmas was very low key and enjoyable. Not rushing around here and there ended up being just what we all needed.

Scott and I didn't even decorate the house this year. After a lot of thought I decided that I didn't really want to get our Christmas decorations down. I am usually all over decorating for Christmas. I usually don't even wait until after Thanksgiving!! The only reason for not decorating or having a tree was the thought of having to undo it all being 9 months pregnant. I think the decision was a good one. With everything going on preparing for Suzy's arrival I cannot see how I would have tackled it all.

Although, we didn't decorate or have a huge Christmas we did have Lynn make us some adorable Christmas Cards. I cannot wait until next year's with little Suzy's sweet face in them :)


Lynn Savage never disappoints. She has done all my stationary, shower invitations, and now Christmas Cards! She is the go to gal- lnsavage@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment