Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thirty Six and a Half Weeks

Scott and I have been some big ole bums this week. Besides him hunting every morning and evening we have done nothing productive. Doing nothing is great and all, but I am about to go stir crazy. I think it is about time that I get out and do something. I would love to go shopping for myself, but what would I buy? More maternity clothes... I think not! I thought about going to the lake house with the family this weekend, then thought again.... I guess I am just restless!

When I said that Scott and I have done nothing productive I was not fibbing... But, we have done some things. One thing being getting pedicures. Yesterday I was in the bath tub whining about how bored I was and such and Scott suggested that we go for pedicures. I know it seems strange for the Hubs to suggest pedicures, but he absolutely adores getting pampered. When the lady was finished massaging his little footsies she asked him what color he wanted his toenails painted. He laughed it off and left me there to finish my pedicure. It was quite the treat. Very thankful that we can do things like that together.

Scott relaxing!

We had a doctor's appointment today at 2:30. This appointment has been very highly anticipated by me. I have been thinking that I would go to the doctor today and she would tell me that I would be having Suzy sooner than later. Welp, I was surprised when she told me that there was no sign that she would be any earlier than 39 weeks. We had an ultrasound that showed her being extremely healthy with a strong heartbeat. She also told us that she weighed 6lbs 4 oz. Other than hearing good sounds and being measured we didn't get much else. She had her hands covering her face so we couldn't get a clear shot of her. She was not very cooperative today. Scott said she already acts like me. I am going to pretend that he means well when he says that. Dr. Harper checked me and told me that I have not thinned any and that I have dilated 2 cm. She told me that if she were me she would go back to work and walk A LOT!

36.5 weeks pregnant.
I went to the dry cleaners today after we got home from our doctor's appointment. The girl at the counter asked me how far along I was. I informed her that I was almost 37 weeks and her response was, "and you are still out walking around?".... I mean I know I am pretty massive and all, but what else do people expect pregnant women to do? Do they think that they just sit at the house and watch the clock? I do not know anyone that has just quit "walking around" just because they were about to explode!! I laughed a little and responded politely "yes, but very slowly" :) Then, I went into the gas station and the girl that works there said, "oh my goodness you still haven't had that baby?". I guess that everyone thinks I look insanely miserable or something. I feel fine, and I feel like I don't look too terribly bad. I mean I am pretty large and all, but I don't think that I look like she is just going to fall out or anything (even though some times I feel like she may). Writing this reminds me of a dinner outing that Mom and I had a few weeks ago. We went to McAlister's and after eating I went to the restroom. When I was walking out of the bathroom and out the door there were a couple ladies sititng close by. I heard one of them say, "bless her heart". When I got in the car I told Mom about the women and I told her that I didn't know who they were talking about, but that surely they weren't referring to me. That is when Mom broke the news to me that I indeed had the pregnant waddle. She told me that when you start walking like I do people start feeling sorry for you. Goodness gracious I had no idea that people felt so sorry for big ole prego ladies, but everyone I run into these days seems to pitty me.

People have had lots of questions lately, here are a few of the most commonly asked.

1. Is Scott at home until you deliver?
-- No, Scott is only at home until the first of the year. He got off for Christmas Holidays and one of the owners told him to just stick around the house until the first of the year. He gladly accepted the offer and has been passing time by hunting non-stop.

2. When are you due?
-- I am due January 22, 2012, but Dr. Harper told me she would induce at 39 weeks so that there would be no chance that Scott would miss the show. With Scott being in Nashville we are very worried that I will go into labor and he will not make it back. Everyone keeps telling me that labor takes forever, but with the luck we have I will have my mother's labor patterns and she will come quickly. (but, then again, with my luck....... it may take 24 hours)

3. Are you going back to work after Christmas Break?
-- That is a question that I could not answer before today. But, I will be back at work after Christmas. We start Monday and the kiddos come back Tuesday. I am glad that I will be back at work. I hope that it makes time pass by quickly. It seems like time has stopped.

4. How are you feeling?
-- Like I said earlier, I feel fine. I don't feel all swollen or irritable yet. I am only struggling with the pressure from her dropping. That is causing it to be pretty uncomfortable to stand for long periods of time, but if I take breaks and sit for a bit I am usually alright. I am not sleeping well at all during the night due to getting up for the bathroom breaks, but I have been told that it is just God's way of getting me ready for sleepless nights when Suzy arrives.

I have been asking people a lot of questions lately too. I want to know all the details of having babies and what to expect. All the girls that are in my life have been great to me. They answer tons the of questions that I have constantly. I enjoy comparing our pregnancies and learning new things from them that I haven't experienced yet. Here are some tips that have been shared with me by some friends (Sally Williams, Jill Lamar, Emily Kopf, Ali G., and Mandy Hartsfield are usually my go to girls about all this stuff).

* Shave your legs regularly (you never know when you may go into labor)
* Pack your bags and load your carseat-- be prepared
* Don't over eat
* Make sure to buy a good supply of granny panties
* Rest whenever you feel tired, do not over do it
* Start using boob cream now to keep the nips from becoming cracked and painful (too much information?? this is the kind of stuff that I love to hear)
* When your water breaks it is not like it is on the movies (I thought it would be a flood, but I was surprised to find out that it didn't always happen like that)
* Work as long as you can. Being at home will just make time go by slower.

**** This is my favorite tip given to me by Jill****
'When you are released from the hospital you are going to feel like a runway model, but you are NOT going to be as good looking as you think you are!!" She shared this tid bit of advice with me as she showed me the picture of her when she came home from the hospital. She said she thought she was rocking that new body of hers until she saw the photos.

3 comments:

  1. Be glad you have a friend like me who is so honest. I like that all the ridiculous tips were mine!!! I could have supplied you with my super model picture for all of your readers enjoyment and pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note on the water breaking thing....I was told it would be a trickle and mine was a flood. We left for the hospital with a trail of water through our house. (for my poor mother to clean up)It was so heavy I couldn't even stop to finish packing or anything!

    I POURED fluid and soaked through probably 5 bath towels on the ride to the hosptial alone! Once it broke, it didn't let up AT ALL. (that's gross, I know....but I didn't expect it:) And the nurse commented that she rarely saw such a mess. So, I guess anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete