Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Delivery Day

Everyone kept telling me that this weekend was 'the weekend'..... I guess they were right!!!! Suzy is here and she is absolutely perfect.

When I woke up yesterday morning I was very "crampy" and had my "bloody show" (is that too much information?). I texted a few girlfriends and asked them if losing it meant much or if it meant that I would go into labor soon. I got all sorts of responses, but my favorite one was Mandy Hartsfield's... She said, "it could be hours, it could be weeks" hahahahaha! Such a broad response with no definitive answer!! I was like, "gee thanks, Mandy"! Absolutely loved it. The "cramps" kept coming, but I assumed that it was from passing the 'show' so I didn't think much of it at first. I went outside with the pups and watched the rain and rocked in my rocking chair trying to make the tension stop... No luck. Got up from the rocking chair and a slow, wet, trickle ran down my pajamas. This was at about 7:30 AM. I wasn't sure if I had involuntarily peed my pants or my water had indeed broken. I texted Haley (the most amazing nurser ever) and Jill (because she said her water breaking wasn't a gushing sensation either). Out of all three of us none of us knew it was my water or just pee. After about 15 minutes I knew it had to have been my water, because the contractions started. Next question- Are they Braxton Hicks or the real deal? Haley told me to take a bath or shower and see if the contractions stopped. They didn't. Then I walked around the house trying to clean. Never stopped. When they were 10 minutes apart and coming fiercely I decided that I would get in the bath tub again and start getting ready for the hospital. The news of me taking another bath to "get ready" for the hospital didn't settle well with Scott. He was so aggravated with me for not getting my act together that he was starting to get snappy with me. I, of course, thought that he was being ugly.... He was not. He was being smart... I was not. After I had a bath, shaven legs, and straightened hair we headed to the hospital. By the time we got to Batesville I thought that she would make her arrival in the car. The pain was super intense. That was the longest drive to Oxford ever. We weren't there long before they gave me an epidural and made me start pushing because when we finally made it there I was 7cm dilated. Scott made a call to our family and a couple friends. My phone was dead, so if he didn't have someones number they just didn't know. Everyone made it just in time for delivery. It was a super quick experience (thank goodness). It was a whirlwind, actually. I was at the hospital for about 2 hours and Suzy made her appearance. She is absolutely amazing. She weighed 6lbs 5oz and was 20 inches long. She has a head full of dark hair and beautiful skin. I am overjoyed to have her here. I never knew you could love something so much. She is our world!!






No comments:

Post a Comment