Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Boneyard

One afternoon Kalon, Big Sue (we have changed my mom's name to that--when we don't call her Mimi), Suzy, and I went over to Memaw and Ricky's in the "Happy Car". My mom has a 1963 Ford Falcon Station Wagon that she named her Happy Car. The name is so fitting. Every time anyone gets in the car they are instantly happy. It just makes you smile. It is 3 speed on the column, has original everything, and no seat belts. The no seat belts is what Suzy loves so much about the wagon. We only drive it to Memaw's house when Suzy is with us. (You know, Memaw and Big Sue are neighbors.....) Anyway, I tell you all that just to say that we went to Memaw and Ricky's house to visit with them. We were chatting and walking around her yard when Kalon was shocked that she even had flowers planted behind Ricky's shop. She calls those flowerbeds her "Boneyard". Those are her left over plants that she doesn't want to die or plants that she is trying to keep living. A better word for those beds might be The Med, or ICU, something..... None of those plants are dead or even close to dying. Memaw has a green thumb! All of her flowers are gorgeous!

This was us driving over to Memaw and Ricky's in the "Happy Car" 
When Memaw called her flowerbed her Boneyard she jinxed my household. I have some sad, sad news..... We have lost a lot of our little critters, lately. This can be considered their obituaries.

Bernice

Our sweet, crazy, loving kitty died a few weeks ago. Lauren and I pulled into the driveway one night and she was in our garage dead. I am not sure if Bella killed her or if another dog got into our garage and killed her, but something did. She was such a good kitty. She was just another piece of our family. I was too mad at whatever killed her to even cry when I found her. I blamed Bella for days, but Kalon and Lauren make me think it wasn't Bella. Bella will let Suzy climb all over her, so I didn't think she would be aggressive towards Bernice. Now, she growled at her and she didn't want Bernie around her, but she never bit her or anything. Bella is getting OLD and is very particular. I am about 85% sure Bella did it, but maybe she didn't. Bernice and Suzy were pals. They played all the time. Bernice was the best cat for Sue Baby, because she let her drag her around, pick her up, hit her.... you know, all the things a 1 year old would do to a cat. We miss Bernie so much. Suzy walked around the house for several days saying, "Berrrrrnie" or "CAT". I ignored it, because I didn't know what else to do. She has finally quit calling Bernice, but still gets super excited when she sees other kitties :( Oh, we miss that silly cat! 

Sweet Bernie the day we got her. 
Suzy and Bernie were best friends. 
Bernie even gave Suzy "cat baths"!
Makes me want to cry. 

Hotty

 My lovely coworker sent me home with 2 fish to replace Bernice. Suzy loves fish, so we thought they would be a grand replacement. He sent a blue betta fish and a red betta fish. He is an Ole Miss fan, so he picked the colors on purpose. They were given the names, Hotty and Toddy. Well, the fish did great....... for a couple days. I came in one day and their little aquarium was smelling horrendous (the fish tank has a dividing wall to keep them separated), so I decided it was time to clean it out. I put Hotty in one bowl and Toddy in another bowl. I cleaned the tank and left the fish in their bowls until the water reached room temperature in the tank. I went upstairs to do some paperwork and came back downstairs Hotty was all dried up on my kitchen counter. The little rascal flopped out of his bowl onto the counter top and almost died right there. I tried my best to bring him back to his full potential, but it just didn't work out. He floated around the tank for a couple hours. When I woke up early the next morning to check on the fish, Hotty had given up his fight. He now is in porcelain Heaven with all the other fishies. 
Unfortunately, I didn't have Hotty long enough to get a photo of him...... This sad picture is from Google images. 

 Mole

One afternoon we were outside playing with Suzy in the water hose. I was squirting her and she was running and laughing hysterically. Then all of a sudden she looked down and this is right between her legs.......


Suzy screamed bloody murder, Kalon and I laughed uncontrollably, and I text this picture to Jill Lamar. The text read, "At least this isn't you".... she was complaining about having a rough day.... I think the Mole had a much worse day than Jill, don't you? 

Apparently, all creatures come to my house to die. Please say a prayer that I can keep Toddy, Bella, and Lola alive for as long as possible. We don't need anymore fatalities around here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment