Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lake Time

When school let out for summer I was bound and determined to spend as much time as possible at the lake house. We struck out early one Friday morning (Laurie, Suzy, and I), and headed that direction.
Little Miss Priss was ready to go!! 

 I thankfully had downloaded some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Suzy's iPad. It kept her very well entertained. Thank goodness for technology. By the time we had made it to Tupelo, it was time for a break. We stopped at TJ Maxx to stretch our legs and look for this Mama a bathing suit. Suzy thoroughly enjoyed our little adventure.
Nothing beats a little Radio Flyer that we can leave at the store when she is worn out! 

"I'm coming, Mama!"

Kicked back and relaxed like her Daddy. Mickey had her hooked! 
We left earlier than the rest of the family, because I don't really like to travel with Suzy in the late afternoon. She tends to get a bit stir crazy and cranky when it gets close to suppertime and bedtime. Mimi and Memaw were the first two of the family to arrive. That night we went for supper at Troy's. It is a little cafe that is right around the corner from the house. Suzy was a perfect little girl. You know, we have had a lot of trouble in the department of "eating in a restaurant" and "eating period". She is usually a pistol, but she proved me wrong that first night. She was so good that she even got some ice cream. The second night at Troy's was not so picture perfect. We will skip that evening. I am trying to forget about it. :)

Just soaking up some sun waiting on the crew to arrive! 

YUUUUMMMMY!!!!
When the rest of the crew arrived Suzy was already in bed. I was not far behind her. Traveling wears me out. We slept in a little later than normal, and headed out for the day. We went swimming and for a nice little boat ride. If Suzy is near the water or splashing around in it she is one happy baby!

Doing what they do best... blowing bubbles!

Suzy loves riding in the boat too. I think she likes the wind in her face and going fast. She is my little dare devil, for sure.  

Yay for riding in the boat! 

Sitting with PawPaw! 

Solving all the world's problems...... 

Dance! Dance! 

Co-Captain Suzy! 



God, I love her.
I had made the complaint that I don't have enough pictures of myself and Scott with Suzy, because we are always the ones taking the pictures. Laurie took my camera and got some great ones for me that weekend. Good friends think about stuff like that. I didn't know she had taken so many. I am glad she did.

Had to have a ring pop from all the bubble blowing and boat riding! 

2 of my very favorite people..... Sue Baby and PawPaw.

She loves laying/sitting on our legs and us to drop her in the water. The simple things....... 




After a nice weekend on the water it was time to wrap up the fun. The only way you can successfully "call it a day" is with an ice cream sammy, of course! Lucy made sure she was sitting close by, just in case Suzy wanted to share. She's a smart little pup. We took the sad trip up the steps to the house for the last time Sunday afternoon. We love going to the lake. It is the perfect "getaway". I am so thankful that Memaw, Papa, Mimi, and PawPaw decided to buy it. We have already made some of the best memories there. We are super pumped about spending the week of July 4th there again. This will be Suzy's second Fourth of July there.... oh the memories are being made!!




She just HAD to try on Laurie's hat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment