Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Monday, January 23, 2017

Princess Suzy is FIVE!!

The new year brought a big birthday for our Sue Baby. We have been talking about her birthday for months. She actually started planning her perfect party over the summer. I have gotten so bad about birthday parties. We didn't have one the past couple years for her friends. We did the cheap, easy family party instead. Her birthday is January 7, so it always falls right after the crazy expenses of Christmas. I knew we had to do something for this birthday since it was such a big deal to her. She turned FIVE!! My girl is five years old!! It doesn't even seem right.

Ella Suzanne Smith, newborn pictures (1/13/12)

Suzy came home from school one day and informed me that she wanted to get her ears pierced. I have always said that I would wait until she asked for them to be pierced before I would do it. I wanted it to be her choice. I also wanted her to be able help take care of them. I honestly thought the idea would fade and she would forget about it. To my surprise, she didn't forget. She was determined that she wanted to have them pierced, so I agreed that we would do it for her birthday. When the day came to go to Claire's she was pumped. She never even acted a bit nervous!! She picked out her earrings(diamonds of course), jumped in the chair, and patiently waited for them to mark her lobes.  THREE, TWO, ONE.... Done!!! She did it! She never even flinched. She was was a trooper. When I would look at her with her fancy new earrings I just saw a grownup baby. Those earrings made such a huge difference in her appearance. She just instantly looked more mature. Her daddy was very sad about all this. He didn't even want her to get them done. It made him very sad to think that she could possibly be old enough to make this decision on her own. He obviously accepted it, but it was a hard pill to swallow. 
This is how Scott still sees Suzy! 




Next came the party! The party that she has been planning for months..... She insisted that she wanted a Princess Party. She wanted all of her sweet little friends to dress up in their princess dresses for the party. She also wanted to have a paint party. I contacted Lisa Cobbs about leading the party for us and she graciously accepted. On January 7, my house was flooded with the glittery dresses of twelve little girls. As each girl arrived Lisa painted their faces. As they waited for face paint they colored the birthday banner or played. 







Lisa brought this banner for them to color. She had everything planned to a T. 

The girls always enjoy playing with someone else's toys! It's amazing to see them play in Suzy's playroom. They all probably have the same toys, but every time we have them all over they destroy the playroom! I am so glad that we can just shut the doors to that room and move on! 



After they all arrived Lisa promptly started the painting session. She gave them great directions, plenty of paint options, and let them have as much fun as possible. Lisa was absolutely wonderful!!!! I highly recommend her. 








While we were doing the cake and present portion of the party, Lisa touched up their art and set them aside to dry. Suzy insisted on a Frozen themed cake. She also insisted that her CiCi had to make the cake. Of course, CiCi agreed. She showed up with this masterpiece. I promise, I have never seen a cake so neat. She even made the "ice shards" from scratch. The cake not only looked incredible, but it was absolutely delicious! CiCi did not disappoint (she never does, though)! 







Suzy's Princess Party was a success! All the girls had a great time and took home some precious artwork. I am still sweeping up glitter and I don't think I will ever get it all up! 






No comments:

Post a Comment