Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bad, Bad Turkey


Suzy started being bad as soon as we put those flipping tennis shoes on her little wide paws. She immediately put those things on and decided that she would be sassy and full of attitude. I don’t know where she could have gotten those two characteristics from.

Mean Feet
After eating lunch we let Suzy walk around in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel so she could stretch her legs a little. She walks over to Memaw, looks at her feet (she was wearing flip flops), and stomps her toes. Yes, she stepped on Memaw’s toes! She enjoyed it too. I could have died. I thought that maybe it was a one time only thing, but it continued through the week. Not only did she step on people’s feet, she kicked Sonny and Lucy every chance she got.
I walked out the back door of the house one day and all this was sitting there. I didn't do any arranging. I suppose she parked all her cars neatly before going inside? The cars were the only things that kept her happy.
 
Mean Teeth
Not only did she inherit the habit of kicking while we were away, but she also learned about biting. My ten month old baby girl is biting. Who is she biting? Me. She has only bitten me, but she has bitten me several times. The first time it happened I thought that she just didn’t realize what she had done. She got me on the shoulder and it hurt! The next TWO times she got me on the cheek while I was trying to get her to sleep. She just looked up at me, opened her mouth, and chomped down. I could have died. I have always been told to bite them back if they bite. I immediately wanted to bite her back instead of saying, “no, no, no”, but I didn’t know the rules for biting back. Do you bite them where they bite you? Do you do it hard? Do you scold them before/after you bite them? I got all the rules for the biter and I am ready for her the next time she strikes.
She looooves showing off those teeth.
Mean Voice
Oh my goodness, Suzy is very aware of how to voice her opinions and feelings on different topics. Again, I don’t know where she could have learned this stuff from. Every single time we would take something away from her, say “no”, turn her around in her tracks, or try to get her to eat/drink and she didn’t want to do it…. Oh boy…. Get ready. She let us have it. She screamed, whined, cried, or all of the above 70% of the day. She was asleep 20% and happy the other 10%. I am sure that everybody that was with us wanted to leave at least three times during our “vacation”. I know that I wanted to leave at least a dozen!!
I attempted making an Indian headband with her. My feather making skills are pretty awful.
 
Mean Eyes
Not only did she cut her eyes at us and poke her lip out before she let out a beastly cry, but she also refused shut her eyes and go to sleep while we were away. The child has been doing so well with sleeping. We have had our ups and downs, but I figured since she was wearing herself out by walking, playing, and being plain out right bad that she would sleep well. I figured wrong. She did not sleep an entire night from the time we arrived until the time we left. She would fit sleep and not want to be rocked. Finally, after bear hugging her for an eternity to keep her still she would zonk out. Usually an hour or two later she was up again. The only thing that made her sleep was putting her in my bed. She slept just fine after the change in beds each night, but Scott and I didn’t. We just don’t sleep great when she is in our bed. She has never slept in our bed at home, but somehow the little stinker always makes her way into our bed at the lake. I got two cheek bites from her “snuggling” with me in the bed. A good old bite on the cheek will wake the dead, I promise.
Of course, she is snoozing hard in MY bed.
She gave herself a nice little trophy black eye during the Holiday too.
Mean Mouth
She decided that she did not want anything to eat besides table food while we were at the lake. I guess with all the people around handing her “bites” of stuff made her decide that she no longer likes baby food and formula. I got her to take, on average, 3 bottles a day and no baby food. She would eat everything that we all ate. Her Papaw even snuck in a few things that I would never allow (Nutty Butty, Chips A’hoy cookies, and Pepsi {which really ticked me off}). I decided that half the reason that she was not being her normal self was because she was completely off schedule/routine. Everything down to her feeding/eating schedule was shot.
Mean Face!
Even after all the terrible behaviors that Suzy had, I still cannot help but to find her humorous and sweet. After she would bite me she would love on me. She really, really is a sweet child; she just has some bad habits, already. Bad habits are hard to break, right? No, but really, I cannot think of anything else I would have rather been doing than chasing that little monster around all week. Her little mouth full of mean teeth sure makes the cutest little sweet smile.

She was sitting in Papaw's bolt box "helping" them work on the deck. That is a washer she is trying to eat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment