Suzy in the Sunflowers

Suzy in the Sunflowers

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Potty Training Mama


Friday night was a verrrrrrrrrry lame night. After picking up Sue Baby from Tattle Tales we went home and did absolutely nothing productive. She played outside a little, ate Fruit Loops, ate supper, and went to bed. My schedule followed hers pretty closely. I was in bed and was totally asleep by 7:45. I figured that Scott was going hunting Saturday morning (he hunts every single chance he gets). I told him that I didn’t mind if he did. This means that I have to wake up when Suzy wakes up on the weekends. There is no “taking turns” if he goes hunting. I can’t be the only mom who has noticed that it is just as easy for the men to get up and go hunting every single morning. I will to end up waking up anyway. Scott could get up with Suzy at 6:00 and I am up by 6:15, because he is saying “no,no,no”, talking to her exxxxtremely loud, or she is being super vocal. I have come to the conclusion that he uses his outside voice on Saturday and Sunday mornings on purpose. He wants me to get out of the bed and rescue him from the Monster. I can get up at 6:00 with Suzy and he can sleep until noon. Mama and Suzy seem to stay way more quiet that Daddy and Suzy. There is something wrong with this picture.
Making funny faces with Mama time :)

AHHHHHHHHHH!
 Saturday morning I decided that we needed to go see Santa Claus. Magnolia Heights School was hosting Breakfast with Santa. Of course, we didn’t do the whole Breakfast thing. We just wanted her to meet Santa and take pictures. We got there about 11:00 and were gone by 11:20. It was a breeze. I wish that Suzy would have like Santa better. She didn’t cry when she saw him, but she was very unsure about him. She kept whining and carrying on. It was a sight to see. She got probably ten pictures taken and wasn’t even grinning in a single one. I was hoping to get a good picture of her for Christmas Cards. Maybe, just maybe, there is a good one. We will get our disks of pictures Tuesday.  Fingers crossed.

Gigi has not gotten Suzy the past couple weekends. Nanny fell over Thanksgiving and hurt her arm pretty badly. Gigi has been staying with her to make sure that she doesn’t have any more accidents and help her with daily living things. Gigi and Pops have been missing Sue Baby an awful lot, so they got her Saturday afternoon. Scott and I went to Como with my parents and grandparents that night. We ate supper and had a repeat of Friday night. I went to bed as soon as possible. I looooove my sleep. I have to take Ambien at night to fall asleep within a decent time period. If I don’t go to sleep within about twelve minutes after taking the medicine things tend to get a bit blurry. A prime example of “blurry” would be what happened Saturday night…..

I fell asleep quickly and woke up in the middle of the night. When I woke up there was a brown, mushy substance all over my white sheets (crisp and freshly washed that morning). I immediately panicked and jumped to conclusions. I first thought that Scott had an accident. Then, I realized that the icky mess was all over me. I was covered in it. I got up thinking that I had pooped the bed just to realize that I had fallen asleep with a handful of Reese’s peanut butter cups. I didn’t even get one opened before I was dead asleep. My “blurriness” caused quite the mess!

G-R-O-S-S
 

Speaking of Reese’s…. I found a recipe that included them Sunday morning and tested it out Sunday afternoon! It was a breeze to make. Here is the recipe. Try it out. You won’t be disappointed.

You will need:

*24 pack of sugar cookie precut dough (I used Pillsbury)

* 24 pack of chocolate chip cookie precut dough (I used Pillsbury)

*24 Reese’s cups (not the miniatures, the size that come in individual packaging is what I used. Most of the time you can find an 8 pack for a buck.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

You will make a Reese’s sandwich(kind of). Put the sugar cookie dough on the bottom, then the Reese’s, then the chocolate chip cookie dough on top. Squish the sugar cookie and chocolate chip cookie dough around he Reese’s so that the dough completely covers the Reese’s on the top and bottom (It doesn’t have to be neat. Mine weren’t and still turned out lovely).
 

Place the dough mixture into a muffin pan (normal size, not mini) (I lined my muffin pan to make cleanup easier. I think it helped transport them too).

Bake for 13-15 minutes (the 13 minutes baked mine perfectly. I tried one batch for 15 minutes and they were a little hard when they cooled).

 

Servings: 24 cookies

2 comments: